The Unitarian Universalist Church of Clearwater and
The Jewish Community Relations Council
of the Jewish Federation of Pinellas County
A CALL TO YOUR CONSCIENCE
An interfaith evening of education, advocacy and prayer
Thursday, February 16th
7:30 PM Unitarian - Universalist Church of Clearwater
2470 Nursery Road, Clearwater FL
The situation in the Darfur region of Sudan is the worst humanitarian crisis facing the world today. Hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians have been murdered and raped, while millions more have been brutally forced from their homes, had their crops destroyed and their livestock killed. As fellow humans it is our duty to speak out against this ethnic cleansing and
HELP THOSE IN NEED!
- The Reverend William Sinkford, President of Unitarian Universalist Church of America "Eyewitness of the Refugee Camps of Human Suffering"
- Dell DeChant, Assistant Chair, USF Department of Religious Studies" The Stories We Tell: How Cultural Narratives Shape Our World"
- Father John Mwiya, Florida Center for Survivors of Torture, a program of Gulf Coast Family Services "Darfur: A Bloodstain on Humanity"
MUSICAL SELECTIONS: Native Sudanese Folk Singers
Imam Wilmore Sadiki
PRAYERS LED BY:
Father Nayambo, Sacred Heart Church;
Rabbi Arthur Baseman, Temple B'nai Israel, The Reverend Leddy Hammock, Unity Church of Clearwater SINGING LED BY:
- Rabbi Danielle Upbin, Congregation Beth Shalom
PROGRAM MODERATED BY:
- The Reverend Abhi Janamanchi, Unitarian – Universalist Church of Clearwater
- Rabbi David Weizman, Congregation Beth Shalom
THE PROGRAM WILL END WITH A CANDLELIGHT VIGIL